Tue, Jan 23|
Chinese American Service League
Cook County United Against Hate & Chinese American Service League Present: Hate Crime Investigations & Remedies
Join Cook County United Against Hate and the Chinese American Service League for a workshop on how hate crimes are handled by Cook County criminal and civil agencies.
Time & Location
Jan 23, 2024, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Chinese American Service League, 2141 S Tan Ct, Chicago, IL 60616, USA
About the event
Join Cook County United Against Hate and the Chinese American Service League for a workshop on how hate crimes are investigated, prosecuted, and repaired, if not prevented in the first place.
The panel will feature representatives from Cook County Departments including the Sheriff’s Office, State’s Attorney, Department of Human Rights and Ethics, and Public Defender. Mandarin Chinese translation on-site. Light snacks provided.
Attendees will learn about:
- Hate crime investigations and criminal prosecution proceedings
- Victim support resources and mental health services
- Remedies when hate is not a crime
- Efforts by Cook County to prevent and interrupt all forms of hate
- Actions you can do when you are witness to, or are a victim of, hate
- Everyone's important role in identifying a hate crime and supporting their community.
Learn more about Cook County United Against Hate: https://www.cookcountyunitedagainsthate.com/